In all comprehensive renovations, the possibility of treating tap water before use must be considered, especially in cities like Barcelona, due to the hardness of the water . Water in plastic bottles is not entirely healthy or sustainable. Neither does direct tap water. So what is the alternative? Use filters to purify it.
There are different types of Water Filter, we will tell you about them here
The water passes through filters and a membrane that separates the pure water. The filters must be changed every year and the membrane every 2/4 years.
- Advantages: Eliminates around 95-98% of the substances present in the water. The result obtained is practically pure water
- Disadvantages: a quality system can cost around €1,000 in initial outlay. On the other hand, it is necessary to filter at least 3 l of tap water to obtain 1 l of clean water
A filter can be installed under the sink or filter water can be passed through. The filters are composed of active carbon and resins
- Advantages : Eliminates chlorine and its derivatives. The filters that adapt to the shower prevent us from inhaling the vapors of chlorinated substances, and their effect on skin and hair
- Disadvantages: The effectiveness of filtering is indeterminate, as it depends on the model and the state of use. There is some risk of bacteria multiplying
The softener is usually placed at the beginning of the home’s water installation. Filtering is done with common salt or ion exchange resin
- Advantages: By retaining lime, you obtain soft water that is optimal for the skin and hair, and prevents the accumulation of lime that clogs pipes and breaks down boilers and appliances.
- Disadvantages : It can increase the amount of sodium in the water (excess is related to hypertension). It is not considered optimal water to drink.
It evaporates water and then condenses it. Most models obtain the energy necessary for the evaporation of electricity
- Advantages: You obtain practically pure water, free of 99% of contaminants. Almost no installation or maintenance required
- Disadvantages: Evaporation is slow and requires relatively high energy consumption (unless direct solar energy is used)
The best system, according to experts, recommend osmosis because it performs better compared to other systems when taking into account cost, comfort and results. The domestic version of this technology has improved in recent years to achieve a purification of 95-98% of all dissolved substances, including heavy metals and contaminating chemical compounds.
The result is practically pure water